Six Killed In Explosion At Indian Ammonia Storage Facility
Six people were killed, eight injured and others are feared trapped when a cold storage facility collapsed in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, after a gas leak triggered an explosion. Local officials said the explosion was caused by an ammonia leak, and people living nearby complained of breathlessness and nausea and were asked to move out until the gas had dispersed.
The Katiyar Cold Storage building, which was built last year, was levelled by the blast. The facility was crowded with farmers bringing in their potato crop when the explosion occurred, and rescue services are trying to reach up to 20 people still thought to be trapped in the rubble.